Privacy, Data Protection Statement
how we use your data:
Stockport Advocacy will record and store information about you and your circumstances, we use this information to plan and deliver person-centred advocacy support. We will treat all information we receive in a way that shows respect to our clients, in-line with the principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- All information obtained will be relevant to the objective of the service
- No personal information will be revealed to a third party without gaining your consent. The only time we would breach this promise would be in criminal, national security or danger of harm to self and other situations
- Your information will be stored on our secure system and securely deleted/destroyed when no longer needed.
- All records and files will be secured in a safe place
- All computerised records emails and other information will be protected by password and anti-
- virus software.
- Your information will be stored on our secure system for an indefinite period unless you request otherwise.
requests for information
- You have the right to request to see any information that we hold about you
- We can refuse a request for information, if we do so the reasons will be explained to you
- You would need to put your request in writing and we would respond within 40 days. We will not charge for this unless multiple requests are made.