we can help if:
- your complaint is about an NHS service
- you live, or are registered with a GP in Stockport in between the postcodes SK1-SK8
NHS Complaints Advocates will:
- Be there to support you as an independent person who does not work for the NHS.
- Help you to bring together all of your issues and questions within your complaint.
- Help you to contact the right people at the right time.
- Give you advice, guidance and information on the complaints process.
- Help you to manage your complaint process by keeping you updated on its progress and exploring options available to you at each stage.
- Prepare you for meetings.
- Support you at meetings.
- Help you to understand what to expect at the end of your complaint.
- Help you to progress to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman, if you choose to do so.
- Respect your decisions and feelings and work with you in a non-judgemental and understanding manner.
NHS Complaints Advocate will not:
- Try to persuade you to take a particular course of action.
- Write letters without your input.
- Contact NHS professionals without your knowledge.
- Provide advice on legal matters or recommend solicitors.
- Be able to take disciplinary action against a member of staff. This is not available through the NHS Complaints procedure, but might occur as a result of your complaint.
How to get in touch
tel: 0161 989 0029
(this is a voicemail service so please leave a message and your call will be returned by an advocate)